LST-941 was laid down on 28 July 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 30 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Roland Gariepy; and commissioned on 22 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-941 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Palawan Island landings in March 1945 and the Visayan Islands landings in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early October 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 28 March 1947, she was sold to Francis R. Stolz for operation.
LST-941 earned one battle star for World War II service.