LST-937 was laid down on 11 July 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; lapnched on 12 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. H. Hartt; and commissioned on 6 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-937 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 24 May 1946 and transferred to the State Department on that date. She was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946.
LST-937 earned one battle star for World War II service.