LST-933 was laid down on 23 June 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 26 July 1944; sponsored by Miss Helen M. Long; and commissioned on 20 August 1944, Lt. (jg.) M. L. Stokes in command.
During World War II, LST-933 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Palawan Island landings—February and March 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April and May 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—June 1945
Following the war, LST-933 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 2 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 25 May 1948, the ship was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-933 earned two battle stars for World War II service.