Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-932

 

LST-932 was laid down on 21 June 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 22 July 1944; and commissioned on 15 August 1944, Lt. W. F. Jerome, USNR, in command.

 

During World War II, LST-932 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the Mindanao Island landings in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 24 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 29 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Standard Oil Co. for operation.

 

LST-932 earned three battle stars for World War II service.