LST-931 was laid down on 13 June 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 19 July 1944; and commissioned on 11 August 1944, Lt. E. L. Berenbach in command.
During World War II, LST-931 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. On 15 September 1945, she was re-designated LSTH-931 and performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. The tank landing ship was decommissioned on 26 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 12 June 1948, she was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-931 earned two battle stars for World War II service.