LST-927 was laid down on 20 May 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 28 June 1944; and commissioned on 4 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-927 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the Mindanao Island landings in March and April 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 October that same year. On 9 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-927 earned two battle stars for World War II service.