LST-926 was laid down on 13 May 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 24 June 1944; and commissioned on 20 July 1944, Lt. Floyd H. Gould in command.
During World War II, LST-926 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late March 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 14 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 13 June 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Walter W. John son Co. for scrapping.
LST-926 earned two battle stars for World War II service.