LST-924 was laid down on 8 May 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 17 June 1944; and commissioned on 10 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-924 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing—November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Visayan Island landings—March and April 1945
Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-924 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. She was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 5 May 1947, the ship was sold to the Royal Navy of Thailand where it operated as Angthong (LST-1).
LST-924 earned four battle stars for World War II service.