LST-923 was laid down on 3 May 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 11 June 1944; and commissioned on 6 July 1944, Lt. John T. Gordon in command.
During World War II, LST-923 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 10 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. The ship was sold on 31 May 1948 to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-923 earned two battle stars for World War II service.