LST-920 was laid down on 26 April 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 29 May 1944; and commissioned on 17 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-920 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty and saw service in China until early March 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 8 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 14 March 1947. On 17 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Standard Oil & Gas Co. for operation.
LST-920 earned one battle star for World War II service.