LST-918 was laid down on 5 April 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 7 May 1944; and commissioned on 29 May 1944, Lt. Paul Cherin, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-918 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from March through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 12 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 18 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., Oakland, Calif., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-918 earned two battle stars for World War II service.