Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-915

 

LST-915 was laid down on 22 March 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 3 May 1944; and commissioned on 27 May 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-915 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 25 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 19 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil and Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation.