LST-908 was laid down on 14 February 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 28 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Charles E. Monorief; and commissioned on 8 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-908 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Immediately following World War II, LST-908 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissieoned on 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 3 October 1947, the ship was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., Philadelphia, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-908 earned four battle stars for World War II service.