LST-906 was laid down on 24 January 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 11 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Henry Levine; and commissioned on 27 April 1944.
During World War II, LST-906 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in September 1944. She was decommissioned on 20 May 1945 after grounding off Leghorn, Italy, on 18 October 1944. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 22 June 1945 and sold for scrap.
LST-906 earned one battle star for World War II service.