LST-905 was laid down on 19 November 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 30 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Paul Gulling; and commissioned on 20 January 1945.
During World War II, LST-905 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 11 September 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Madera County (LST-905) (q.v.) after a county in central California. Recommissioned on 30 March 1963, Madera County saw extensive service in the Vietnam War commencing in 1966. She was transferred to the Philippine Navy in November 1969 where she served as Ilteos Norte (LT-98).
LST-905 earned one battle star for World War II service, and one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation and nine battle stars for Vietnam service.