LST-900 was laid down on 1 October 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 9 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Felix R. Konkle; and commissioned on 6 January 1945, Lt. Neil A. McClaflin in command.
During World War II, LST-900 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Par East until early November 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 15 May 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, she was re-designated Linn County (LST-900) (q.v.) after counties in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Oregon. The tank landing ship was transferred to the Republic of Korea on 2 December 1958 where she served as Puk Han (LST-815). Linn County was struck from the Navy list on 6 February 1959.
LST-900 earned one battle star for World War II service.