LST-895 was laid down on 1 October 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 11 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Frank Brooks; and commissioned on 16 December 1944.
During World War II, LST-895 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 17 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. On 10 January 1952, the ship was sold to Babbidge & Holt Co., Inc., Portland, Oreg.
LST-895 earned one battle star for World War II service.