LST-894 was laid down on 4 September 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 11 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Robert C. Morris; and commissioned on 12 December 1944, Lt. P. N. Wood in command.
During World War II, LST-894 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 29 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-894 earned one battle star for World War II service.