Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-893

 

LST-893 was laid down on 24 September 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 4 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John Schutt; and commissioned on 4 December 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-893 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 8 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 29 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.