LST-892 was laid down on 17 September 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 28 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. P. D. Bowman; and commissioned on 30 November 1944, Lt. W. S. Miller in command.
During World War II, LST-892 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 5 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 27 October 1947, the ship was sold to the Moore Dry Dock Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-892 earned one battle star for World War II service.