LST-889 was laid down on 3 September 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 14 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Sylvester Hohl; an3 commissioned on 18 November 1944, Lt. Lon Hocker, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-889 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 28 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 13 February 1948, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-889 earned one battle star for World War II