LST-886 was laid down on 20 August 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 30 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. S. Hamilton; and commissioned on 2 November 1944.
During World War II, LST-886 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in March 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 10 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 20 May 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-886 earned two battle stars for World War II