Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-882

 

LST-882 was laid down on 14 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 23 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John R. Brown; and commissioned on 18 January 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-882 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 4 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Moore Drydock Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.