Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-878

 

LST-878 was laid down on 30 October 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Richard L. Moorehead; and commissioned on 3 January 1945, Lt. Laurence Lattomus, USNR, in command.

 

Following the war, LST-878 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 3 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 5 November 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.