LST-876 was laid down on 21 October 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John S. Shochmake; and commissioned on 27 December 1944, Lt. John V. Quillan, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-876 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 4 November 1947, the ship was sold to W. A. Talbot for scrapping.
LST-876 earned one battle star for World War II service.