LST-875 was laid down on 18 October 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Karl R. Zimmermann; and commissioned on 22 December 1944, Lt. R. E. Euliss in command.
During World War II, LST-875 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She was decommissioned on 22 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 2 July 1948, the ship was transferred to the Philippine Navy where she served as Misamis Oriental (LT-40).
LST-875 earned one battle star for World War II service.