Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-873

 

LST-873 was laid down on 14 November 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machinery Co.; launched on 3 January 1945; sponsored by Miss Florence A. Babb; and commissioned on 27 January 1945, Lt. Ned S. Holley in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-873 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 20 May 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Wash., for scrapping.