Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-870

 

LST-870 was laid down on 4 October 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machinery Co.; launched on 15 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Opal M. Burke; and commissioned on 10 January 1945.

 

Following World War II, LST-870 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned in June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 29 August 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.