LST-869 was laid down on 27 October 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machinery Co.; launched on 11 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Janie G. Ray; and commissioned on 6 January 1945, Lt. (jg.) E. J. Malloy in command.
Following World War II, LST-869 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 31 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 26 December 1947, the ship was sold to Pablo N. Ferrari & Co. for operation.