LST-867 was laid down on 23 October 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 1 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Kathryn V. Wise; and commissioned on 18 December 1944, Ens. V. Lopresti in command.
Following World War II, LST-867 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 2 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 25 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.