LST-863 was laid down on 11 October 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 14 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Eva L. Nolan; and commissioned on 9 December 1944.
During World War II, LST-863 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June. 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 13 May 1948, she was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-863 received one battle star for World War II ssrvice.