Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-860

 

LST-860 was laid down on 23 September 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Marjorie C. Lindahl; and commissioned on 13 January 1945.

 

LST-860 conducted no combat operations during World War II. She was decommissioned on 1 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 19 March 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Mechanical Equipment Export Co. for operation.