Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-847

 

LST-847 was laid down on 1 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 17 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Eleanore Lott; and commissioned on 15 January 1945, Lt. G. A. Hoffman in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-847 performed occupation duty and saw service in China until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 21 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 13 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Alexander Shipyards, Inc., New Orleans, La., for operation.