LST-845 was laid down on 23 October 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 7 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. B. F. Fairless; and commissioned on 9 January 1945, Lt. Comdr. John Wildman, USNR, in command.
LST-845 participated in no combat operations during World War II but performed Asian occupation service following the war until the summer of 1946. Operating out of San Diego in the postwar years, she saw extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Jefferson County (LST-845) (q.v.) after counties in 25 states. Following further service with the Pacific Fleet, Jefferson County was decommissioned in early 1961. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 February 1961. On 22 August 1961, the tank landing ship was sold to Zidell Explorations, Inc., Portland, Oreg.
LST-845 earned six battle stars for the Korean War.