LST-843 was laid down on 13 October 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 29 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. R. S. Dyson; and commissioned on 23 December 1944, Lt. V. W. Tracy in command.
During World War II, LST-843 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, the ship performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early December 1947. She was decommissioned on 18 December 1947 and transferred to the Philippine government. On 22 January 1948, the tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list.
LST-843 earned one battle star for World War II service.