LST-842 was laid down on 9 October 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co ; launched on 24 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. F. T. Hulet; and commissioned on 19 December 1944.
During World War II, LST-842 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, the ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She was
decommissioned on 30 December 1947 and transferred to the Philippine government. On 22 January 1948, the tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list.
LST-842 earned one battle star for World War II service.