LST-839 was laid down on 25 September 1944 at. Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 12 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur Lehner; and commissioned on 6 December 1944, Lt. Waldo F. McNeir in command.
During World War II, LST-83!) was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, the ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned in March 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Iredell County (LST-839) (q.v.) after a county in North Carolina.
Recommissioned on 18 June 1966, Iredell County saw extensive service during the Vietnam War. She was decommissioned again and transferred to the Indonesian Navy in July 1970 where she serves as Teluk Bone.
LST-839 earned one battle star for World War II service. Additionally, Iredell County earned 11 battle stars and single awards of the Presidential Unit Citation, the Navy Unit Commendation, and the Meritorious Unit Commendation for the Vietnam War.