LST-832 was laid down on 25 August 1944 at Am-bridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 11 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. Blessing; and commissioned on 4 November 1944, Lt. W. H. Young, USCGR, in command.
During World War II, LST-832 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. LST-832 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 12 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Alexander Shipyards, Inc., New Orleans, La., for operation.
LST-832 earned one battle star for World War II service.