LST-831 was laid down on 19 August 1944 at Am-bridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 6 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. J. Connolly; and commissioned on 8 November 1944.
During World War II, LST-831 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. The tank landing ship was transferred to the Maritime Administration for final disposition on 19 December 1947.
LST-831 earned one battle star for World War II service.