LST-830 was laid down on 15 August 1944 at Am-bridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 30 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. C. Augsburger; and commissioned on 28 October 1944, Lt. Gordon Rowe, USCGR, in command.
During World War II, LST-830 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 29 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 8 July 1947, she was sold to Campania Naviera, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina, for operation.
LST-830 earned one battle star for World War II service.