LST-829 was laid down on 10 August 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 26 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. A. Tarasi; and commissioned on 23 October 1944, Lt. Harry A. Friedenberg, USCGR, in command.
During World War II, LST-829 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. LST-829 was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal on 19 March 1948.
LST-829 earned one battle star for World War II service.