Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-826

 

LST-826 was laid down on 6 October 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. E. Haynie; and commissioned on 7 December 1944, Lt. John G. Mahler, USNR, in command.

 

During World War II, LST-826 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945.

 

LST-826 earned one battle star for World War II service.