LST-825 was laid down on 2 October 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 November 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John Spindler; and commissioned on 8 December 1944, Lt. Harry V. Hartsell in command.
During World War II, LST-825 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Par East until early November 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 May 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet.
Recommissioned on 3 November 1950, she performed extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, the tank landing ship was redesignated Hickman County (LST-825) (q.v.) after counties in Kentucky and Tennessee. She was decommissioned again on 20 May 1956. Recommissioned on 22 March 1963, Hickman County performed active service with the Atlantic Reserve Fleet until 1966 when she was transferred to the Service Force, Pacific Fleet, for service in Vietnam. In November 1969, Hickman County was sold to the Philippine government.
LST-825 earned one battle star for World War II service, two for the Korean War, and 10 for the Vietnam War.