LST-818 was laid down on 8 September 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Roscoe B. Huffman; and commissioned on 9 November 1944, Lt. (jg.) Robert B. Bradley in command.
During World War II, LST-818 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from March through June 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommisioned on 16 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 17 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-818 earned one battle star for World War II service.