LST-813 was laid down on 20 August 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 Sepember 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Pete Smith; and commissioned on 24 October 1944.
During World War II, LST-813 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from March through May 1945. Following the war, LST-813 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 21 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 12 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-813 earned one battle star for World War II service.