LST-806 was laid down on 25 July 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Harold S. Miller; and commissioned on 28 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-806 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Palawan Island landings in February and March 1945 and performed minesweeping operations in the Pacific from November 1945 through February 1946. She was decommissioned on 20 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 20 November 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-806 earned two battle stars for World War II service.