LST-804 was laid down on 10 September 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat and Machine Co.; launched on 27 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Carol B. Mann; and commissioned on 22 November 1944, Lt. R. Bull in command.
During World War II, LST-804 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, LST-804 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. She was decommissioned on 24 May 1946 and transferred to the State Department for ultimate disposition. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946.
LST-804 earned one battle star for World War II service.