Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-798

 

LST-798 was laid down on 17 August 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 26 September 1944; and commissioned on 26 October 1944, Lt. R. E. Hurt in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-798 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 17 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., of Morris Heights, N.Y., for scrapping.