LST-793 was laid down on 23 July 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 2 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. E. R. Gorman; and commissioned on 5 October 1944, Lt. George A. Miller, USCG, in command.
During World War II, LST-793 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in March and April 1945. Following the war, LST-793 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945, She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 April 1946 and struck from the Navy
list on 3 July that same year. On 16 December 1947, the ship -was sold to Tex-O-Kan Flour Mills Co., of Dallas, Tex., for operation.
LST-793 earned one battle star for World War II service.