LST-780 was laid down on 28 May 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 10 July 1944; sponsored by Miss Anna May Ries; and commissioned on 7 August 1944, Lit. Theodore B. Clark in command.
During World War II, LST-780 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 27 October 1947, the ship was sold to the Moore Drydock Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-780 earned one battle star for World War II service.